.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


28 April 2015

Pretzel and M&M Peanut Butter Cookies




::begin vent:: I have been searching my baker butt off to find a rental in the area between Providence and Boston. And have been pretty unsuccessful. I thought I would have choices in places on where to live ... I was wrong. Just finding ONE place is proving to be difficult. At first it was finding places that were in our budget. But I soon learned that this was not the biggest issue. The big issue was finding a rental that would accept dogs -- big dogs. And by big anything over 25-40 pounds. I mean seriously!?! There are other breeds beyond toy breeds. Do not get me wrong, all fur babies are wonderful and some people like the little ones but others like the big fur babies -- as in my Ninja face ... my love bug ... my baby! ::sigh:: Also big dogs can be just as well behaved and clean (if not better) than little dogs ... never judge a book by its cover.

I was even going to give in and just rent one of those fancy "luxury" living complexes and spend extra to bring Ninja with me but ... I hit my next road block. Apparently Shar- pei are considered an "aggressive breed." I mean really?!? Have you seen Ninja on his birthday -- that munchkin is anything but. If its not one thing, it is another right? I really hate to comprise safety so I am still searching for a safe place that is large breed pet friendly. Definitely proving to be more stressful than the fun I thought it would be. Keep your fingers crossed or if you happen to live in the middle of Boston and Providence and have some thoughts on where to live -- I am all ears!

So the hubby just learned that stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Clearly he needs to spend more time on Pinterest ;) Keeping with that theme and being the dessert loving food blogger that I am ... I decided to turn my stress upside down and make dessert. hahaha I actually made this dessert for the hubby's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. But I did sneak some for myself and enjoyed them once we came home. I usually am a chocolate gal and do not like to mix my sweet and savory but every now and again I get these peanut butter cravings and I have really come to appreciate salty mixed with sweet. And man am I wishing for some right now to calm my apartment hunting nerves. Poor hubby had to come home to a grumpy wife so I bet he could have used these as well!






PRETZEL AND M&M PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Peanut Butter Cookie slightly adapted from Lil' Luna 

INGREDIENTS


Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. peanut butter
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. pretzels*
2/3 c. M&M*

*Optional: keep extra for topping

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda - set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together (on medium speed) shortening and both sugars until fluffy. Then add in peanut butter, eggs (one at at a time), milk and vanilla -- in that order. Scrape down sides. Then reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients. Combine until just incorporated. Remove from stand mixer and fold in pretzels and M&Ms.

Line baking sheet with baking mat, aluminum foil, parchment or wax paper. Scoop out 1 1/2-2 inch, cookie dough balls onto sheet (roll between the palm of your hands for a nice round shape). Space the cookies 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten the cookies using the palm of your hand. Press any extra pretzel crumbs or M&Ms into the top of the cookie dough balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink