.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


20 April 2015

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing




I am not sure if this is a "thing" but one running joke seems to be "in-laws" -- mostly how you are supposed to dislike them in some way. I think I am pretty darn lucky then because I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my in-laws. I couldn't even imagine changing a thing -- other than relocating them all to California so that my family and the hubby's family can be in the same place. This weekend we went to visit them in Louisiana because the hubby's grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! How amazing is that?


We headed there a day early to squeeze in some extra time with the father in-law (aka: Dad) before we moved and enjoy some good Cajun food! If you haven't tried Cajun food, trust me...you need it in your life. The first night, my Dad took me to a restaurant where I got crawfish and boudin egg rolls. I know! I have never heard of boudin egg rolls before, but it was not as good as you would think because you could barely taste the boudin. And it was drenched in oil. Though it did give me the idea of trying to make a "For the Love of Dessert version" :)


On Sunday before the anniversary party my dad took me to the original Don's Specialty Meats so I could pick up some stuff to take back with us to Texas. He says this store has some of the best Cajun meats you can find (they ship too! So if you do not live in Louisiana like us, but wants some yumminess do not worry). I stocked up on stuffed chicken (with cornbread and rice dressing), jalapeno sausage, boudin, boudin balls, roux, seasoning...the works! And got me some freshly made boudin to enjoy after all that hard shopping ;) #dontjudgeme


In true southern style -- here is a recipe that includes stuffing! There is no rule that says you can only have stuffing on Thanksgiving and if there was, I would break it. I found this recipe for my sister, who wanted some simple meals should could make in the Crockpot since she just bought one (right?! Who "just" buys a Crockpot). Its a super simple, throw it in the Crockpot come home from work and it's done recipe :) The perfect recipe for my super successful, busy big sister. She liked it so much, she shared it with her friends! #win






Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
Adapted from Craft Corner

INGREDIENTS

3-4 thawed chicken breasts diced into cubes
1 (6 oz) box of stuffing
1 bag (10-16 oz) of frozen green beans
1 (10 oz) can of cream of condensed chicken soup
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. of milk*
Seasoning (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes)

Use less milk if drier stuffing is desired.

DIRECTIONS

Coat the Crockpot with cooking spray. Evenly distribute chicken cubes on the bottom of the Crockpot. Next, add layer of stuffing and then a layer of green beans.Mix together condensed soup, sour cream, and milk. Pour over the green beans using spatula to evenly spread it out. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.

Garnish with preferred seasoning to taste (I added a little bit of red pepper flakes and salt).

Enjoy,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink