.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


20 November 2014

Thanksgiving Boudin Stuffing



If you have been following along, I just finished my recap of the hubby and I's adventures in Barcelona. First, I am not sure I mentioned it before but the hubby and I went to Spain to celebrate our two year anniversary.


He's pretty excited about us being married for two years...hahaha. We took a sleeper train from Barcelona to Granada -- an 11 hour trip. The concept of a sleeper train was much cooler in my head then it actually ended up being. But it was nice to sleep while traveling to our next destination.


We visited the Catedral de Granada. This was one of the prettiest cathedrals we saw, from the bottom to the top. Absolutely breathtaking.


We also went to Alcaiceria, which was a shopping area that used to be an old silk market. Super cool!


But the best was an all day trip to Alhambra. We roamed the beautiful gardens and grounds surrounding Alhambra as well. And the view from the castle was stunning.



And we continued enjoying lots of yumminess. The hubby finally got to enjoy horchata, while I enjoyed all the goodies offered in local bakeries.



And then we said bye to Granada. Definitely one of my two favorite places in Spain. If you ever go to Spain, this city is definitely worth visiting :)

Last year, I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my sister and cousin. Justin, his girlfriend Kadi, Luke and Sophia also came by. I cooked up a storm and got us a deep fried Cajun turkey. I could not fry a turkey myself, as I live in an apartment. This year, I want to share some of my favorite recipes in my one week countdown to TURKEY DAY! Gobble Gobble!

Since I am married to my wonderful Cajun country boy, not only did I pick up a deep fried Cajun turkey, but I decided to make a boudin stuffing because he loves boudin. If you do too, you should see my other boudin recipes I have shared. My sister and cousin have never had boudin before so I thought this would be a great way to introduce them to it. Everyone loves stuffing, but adding boudin just makes it even better :) Check it out!






THANKSGIVING BOUDIN STUFFING
Adapted from Savory Sweet Life
 
INGREDIENTS

 Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

4 tbsp. of butter
1 medium onion chopped 
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground sage
1 tsp. dry thyme 
4 links of boudin 
10 c. of unseasoned bread cubes 
1 1/2 c. of broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 egg, whisked

DIRECTIONS

Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, salt, sage and thyme until onions are slightly browned, translucent and fragrant. Add in the filling of the boudin (remove from casing), mixing until warmed. Turn off heat and add bread cubes. Gently fold the bread cubes into the onion-boudin mixture. Continuing folding in the bread cubes while also slowly pouring the broth and egg over the cubes making sure the broth and egg are evenly incorporated throughout the stuffing mixture.  Be gentle, as the cubes may break apart.

Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour uncooked stuffing into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink