.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


16 November 2014

Ravioli Bake



I left off wanting to share with y'all some of my travels, starting with this summer. My first trip was to San Juan, Puerto Rico for a conference. I went to the Castillo San Cristoball.



I then roamed the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan. Where I picked up a strawberry-tamarind popsicle.



I ate lots of yummy food :) I went to the highly recommended Raices where I got to try mofongo for the first time. I cannot stress how delicious this dish is. It's mashed plantains (but not sweet) topped with onions and meat. mmmmm.... I also, of course, enjoyed some empanadas.




I ended with a trip to Fajardo Bay to take part in a Bio-luminescent Bay tour. This was one of the coolest experiences I have ever participated in! It is a nighttime kayak tour through water that glows at the touch due to luminescent dynoflagellate. It is as amazing as it sounds!


And then I said "bye" to the beautiful Peurto Rico...I hope to see you again soon!


Before I say goodbye for today and knowing my streak...we never know how long I'll be gone ;) I wanted to share with you this recipe for a ravioli bake. This recipe not only is easy to make but you also don't need a lot of ingredients to whip it up. It's easy peasy all around, and well, that is my favorite kind of dinner :) The hubby and I both enjoyed it. The combination of cheese ravioli layers with a meat-marina sauce is absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy it too.






RAVIOLI BAKE 
Adapted from Kraft 

INGREDIENTS 

Preheat Oven to 400F Degrees

1 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. diced garlic
1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
24 oz. jar of marina sauce
1 (14-15 oz) can of diced tomatoes (drained)
2- 1 lb packages of cheese ravioli 
8 oz. shredded cheese (I used Mexican Style)

DIRECTIONS

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add in ground meat and cook until browned. Next, stir in marina sauce and diced tomatoes until warm and evenly distributed within the meat mixture. Set aside.

Grease a 7 x 11 or similar sized baking dish (9x13). Place one layer of ravioli in the baking dish. Top with a layer of meat-marina mix followed by a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat once more. You should now have a layer of shredded cheese on top. Now top with one last layer of ravioli and finally one last layer of shredded cheese.

Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the ravioli bake and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.

Enjoy,



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink