.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


24 November 2014

Mac n' Cheese Cups


Happy week of Thanksgiving :) I love this time of year. I have already busted out the cookie smelling candles, which aren't much different than my normal cupcake smelling candles I use the rest of the year ;) I have a bakery addiction and its bad. Speaking of FOOD, after coming back from Spain, I went to Miami!


I did a little Yelping and saw that this donut shop -- called Mojo Donuts -- got really high ratings. It is beyond this world cool. They make gourmet donuts, many of which are stuffed. Between the hubby and I we tried: chunky monkey, red velvet, s'more, deco, pumpkin, apple pie, Oreo, cannoli, Boston creme, creme brulee, key lime, peanut butter and jelly, brownie, Snickers and coconut creme. Usually when I travel, I bring the hubby back some cupcakes...this time I brought back half-a-dozen donuts....he was a happy hubby.



Do not worry...I had cupcakes too!!! Never forget the cupcakes! I went to Misha's cupcakes, which was soooo good! I highly recommend their Boston Creme Cupcake, which has sat at room temperature for a bit. You will not be disappointed. I visited Buttercream Cupcakes, which had average cupcakes except for their cookies n' creme cupcake which was amazing! I usually don't like frosting but on this cupcake I did. And I went to LA Cupcakes (I know LA...in Miami....weird) -- it was okay.




I finally got to try the s'more cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was not too "s'more-y" but it was deliciously chocolatey. If you do not like rich chocolate, do not try this cheesecake. It's basically a thin graham cracker crust topped with a chocolate cheesecake, topped with a fudge layer with a little marshmallow fluff. So good, but not s'more.


I got to try insomnia cookies again! They are expensive for cookies but so filling and definitely worth it. I tired the peanut butter cup and the chocolate chip...because chocolate chip cookies are my favorite food on earth!


And then I said, "Bye Miami..."


What would a Thanksgiving countdown be without mac n' cheese!?! I LOVE MAC N' CHEESE. Really, what would life be like without mac n' cheese? I will tell you -- a life I don't want to talk about ;) This recipe is a cute way to share some mac n' cheese with everyone. It's a bit more time consuming to make, since it is made from scratch but it is totally worth it. No big casserole dish to pass around just a little cup to throw across the table ;) JUST KIDDING.






MAC N' CHEESE CUPS
For the Love of Dessert Original Recipe

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 400F Degrees

2 c. of elbow macaroni
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
3 tbsp. + 1 tsp. flour
1 1/2 c. heavy cream (milk)
2 c. shredded yellow cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. panko bread crumbs* (optional)

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot of salted boiling water-- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water and run cold water through pasta to prevent sticking. Keep pasta in colander. Do not return to pot. 

After pasta is cooked, use the large pot to heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, saute garlic and  until garlic is browned and fragrant. Do not over cook, as this will burn the garlic. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in heavy cream, stirring constantly until mixture is slightly thickened. This can take some time, approximately 10-15 minutes-- but it will thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in macaroni and panko crumbs (for a little texture).

Grease a cupcake pan and lightly flour. Scoop mac n' cheese into each well. Bake for 10-15 minutes until gooey. Allow to cool and then use knife to loosen cups out of wells. Garnish with green onions.

Enjoy,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink