.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


11 February 2014

Red Velvet Puppy Chow



Before I continue on with my, probably not so exciting recap of my BIRTHDAY, I wanted to say that it is so nice to have this blog where I can write about random things that I have to share, thoughts that come across my mind (like this tangent) and food that I LOVE :) Why this random comment? I have been having a stressful February, which says a lot since graduate school is one big stress ball...yes I may make up words and yes...stress ball works ;)



Well, after going to the baby shower I headed back to have dinner with my besties. They are gorgeous right?!? I LOVE my besties AND if you happen to be one of the two people who read this blog ;)....you probably know that I talk about Paulina and Stephanie all the time because I truly feel blessed to have them in my life.

This sums up our friendship perfectly!

 As I have gotten older ::cough later twenties....sad face:: I have met many people -- those that became friends but overtime faded away as well as I've seen other people and the development of their friendships. Rarely do I see people keep a strong tie to their friends as they get older and get married. Even more, rarely do I see people keep their high school friends when they go off to college. Well, I have both in them. Paulina, Stephanie and I are going on 13 years of friendship :) We have gone through graduations, first boyfriends, break ups, love, death, engagements, marriages....all the worst and best of life....together. They support me, love me, truly care about me and want whats best for me. I know if I need anything....they would give it to me or help me achieve it. And I feel the same for them. I am so thankful for our friendship.




I had such a nice dinner with them because it's always filled with non-stop laughter. The laughter that makes your stomach hurt because you are laughing so hard. But it just feels so good to laugh that much. And, oddly at the same time we have deep conversations that you would never have with anyone else. My time with them, is always....just that awesome :)

I got to try a "new" restaurant -- by new I mean since I moved away from Cali, it was built, but it's not actually "new." It's called Wokcano and it had the best calamari I have ever had!


And on a side note: Paulina is getting hitched in Cancun, Mexico! I got her beautiful invite in the mail and I just booked the hubby and I's flight/hotel. I am BEYOND excited to spend a vacay with my besties :) I have never traveled with them, so this will be a first! :)

It is half way through my Valentine's Day countdown (I thought I'd spare you the Countdown to Love this time ;) and so I wanted to do a bonus day. This is the first of three puppy chow recipes I want to share with you. Okay, I went puppy chow crazy and then  "blamed" it on this countdown to have an excuse....don't judge me...because once you eat it, you'll know why. I gained 5 pounds just eating this red velvet puppy chow....WHY!?!?! Did I find this.....because the universe loves me! hahaha...this can get a little messy but is super easy to make and fun!







RED VELVET PUPPY CHOW
Slightly adapted from from Your Cup of Cake 

INGREDIENTS

5 c. Rice Chex cereal
3/4 c. white chocolate chips
1/4 c. milk chocolate chips
2 oz. or 1/4 c. of cream cheese
1 1/2 tbsp. milk
1 1/4 c. Red Velvet Cake mix
1/4 c. powdered sugar
Red velvet M&Ms

DIRECTIONS

In a large tupperware (or mixing bowl with lid) measure out 5 c. of Rice Chex cereal. In a separate bowl, sift and then whisk together red velvet cake mix and powdered sugar -- set aside.

Microwave chocolate chips until melted, be careful not to burn the chocolate. If the microwave just does not work for you, you can try a double broiler. Once melted, stir in cream cheese and milk. The melted chocolate will get much thicker, but this is okay.

Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal. Then using a spatula fold the chocolate into the Rice Chex cereal, until well coated. Dump red velvet-powdered sugar into the tupperware and seal with lid (alternatively you can use a large ziplock freezer bag -- which is easier for clean up). SHAKE....put on some music...dance with it...but SHAKE IT LIKE A SALT SHAKER ;) Just keep shaking....

Once Rice Chex cereal is well coated in red velvet-powdered sugar mix, dump onto large cookie sheet and let cool. Mix in red velvet M&Ms and serve :)

Enjoy,
Chika

1 comment :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink