.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


23 August 2013

Chicken Jalapeno Popper topped Portobello Mushrooms



I have been so off my game this week--missing and coming late to meetings. I think a set fall school schedule will help keep me on track, or let's hope so. Though with school back in the swing of things only means less time for hobbies :/ (i.e., baking, cooking and blogging) ::tear::

It took me forever, but I finally got around to updating "My Top 5 Sweet Tooth Picks" and "My Top 5 Savory Picks"! You can see these updated lists on the right side of this blog underneath the "Popular Posts" section. Really, my lack of updating was out of laziness. Since I first created those two lists, I have made a ton of recipes. Some of which I have beyond loved! And the other day, I was looking at those lists and realized just how out of date and non-reflective of my favorites they were. So I decided it was time that I updated it. Out of the 10 recipes, 2 were still my favorites. But everything else changed. Take a look! Though my favorites do not seem to overlap much with my most popular posts, I think you just might like what I picked! :) After all the first time I made those list-- Crispy Ritz Chicken and S'moreos (which is still on there) were on there-- but were not on my most popular posts list-- but now look-- they are-- so I'd like to think of my favorites lists as fortune tellers of what is to be popular ;)

I have made stuffed portobello mushrooms before but it has been awhile. I love, love, love, mushrooms. Ever since I was little. Though I am not a fan of raw mushrooms, I do love sauteed mushrooms. Which is why, though at first I wanted to make a traditional stuffed portobello mushroom-- I decided to really bake my mushroom so that it would be more tender and juicy (almost as if they were sauteed). And then I topped the the mushrooms with a chicken jalapeno popper stuffing. The look reminded me of Mexican Sopes. This recipe will definitely be a go-to favorite for me. It was semi-healthy, quick and simple. The hubby, whose not as much of a mushroom enthusiast as me-- loved the stuffing! He used the left over stuffing as a spread to eat with some bread. He was addicted :)







CHICKEN JALAPENO POPPER TOPPED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
A For the Love of Dessert Original Recipe

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

4 portabello mushroom caps, cleaned
Olive oil for brushing

FOR THE STUFFING
1/2 large chicken breast, shredded*
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
3 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 c. Panko bread crumbs  (+ some for garnish)
1 1/2 tbsp. jalapeno juice
1/4 c. diced jalapenos 
1 tbsp. garlic
2 green onions

*To shred chicken, place one chicken breast and 2 tbsp. chicken broth in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Using two forks, shred apart the chicken and allow to sit for an additional 15-20 minutes to soak up liquid. 

DIRECTIONS

For Mushrooms:
To prepare the portabello mushrooms- first remove the stem by pulling in the opposite direction in which it's learning (it should snap right off). If needed, take a knife and cut it off at the base. Remove the gills by cradling the portobello in one hand with the gills facing up, then use a small spoon to scrape the gills off, moving in a circular path (the gills should come out very easily, and you do not need to use a lot of pressure). Then using a damp paper towel, wipe the cap of the mushroom to remove any residual dirt. Using a brush- coat the mushroom caps with olive oil. Place mushroom caps on a line baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until flat. If you do not want flat mushroom caps-- make stuffing first, fill mushroom caps and then bake 15-25 minutes, until tender.  Allow to cool.

For the Stuffing:
In a medium bowl, using a spatula, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Then fold in chicken, Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs. Once well combined, add jalapeno juice and diced jalapenos followed by garlic and green onions.

Using an ice cream scoop- place one scoop of chicken jalapeno popper stuffing ontop of each portobello mushroom (still on baking sheet). Garnish with a little panko breadcrumbs.

Change oven setting to broil-- place topped mushroom caps under broiler and bake for 1 minute until Panko breadcrumbs are browned.

Enjoy,
Chika

2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda! :) It was delicious! I love jalapeno poppers and mushrooms...so it was a great match! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink