.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


23 July 2013

3 ingredients, Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwich



One thing you may not know about me is that I love snow cones (side note: I realize I say LOVED a lot. I like to think of it, as I am a passionate person ;). Anywhoo, I love snow cones! Having been born and raised in Hawaii till I was 8 years old, I have been enjoying the wonders of shaved ice (I know, not technically a snow cone) since I was a baby. And then in college, my mom bought me a snow cone maker with different syrup flavors! One of the best presents ever. Sadly, when I moved to Texas, bringing with me just two suitcases, my snow cone maker did not make it :/ It's okay, it is at my parents house and we use it for my niece's birthday parties. Kids do love snow cones.


An awesome thing about the South that I noticed, is that it seems to have the same love and appreciate for snow cones that I do! I see snow cone stands everywhere! When I started dating the hubby, it was my mother-in-law who took me to my first snow cone place in Texas :) In College Station we have 3 snow cone places. One of which just opened up, a national chain called Bahama Bucks. Whenever new places open up in College Station, they are way to crowded, for no reason. Well after taking the dogs to the dog park, my friends who went with the hubby and I to Yogurtland- decided that we should re-try going to Bahama Bucks, since we knew that they would be open. The line was absurd and the drive through was worse. They made a ton of mistakes and made people wait forever. BUT all-in-all, I really liked it because they have sour flavors!  Soooo good!


Another flashback for you: When I left my job at Texas Children's Hospital, the supervisor that I had threw me the sweetest goodbye party. I got a few gift cards to Amazon and decided to buy my very first slow cooker. I decided to get a small one, since it would just be me up in College Station (since the hubby at the time had to stay in Houston). Well, I used to make this dish when I first moved up here. I had Googled easy, few ingredient Crockpot recipes and this had popped up. At the time, I was not very good at cooking and so this seemed like a great fit for me. And it made for lots of leftovers. In general though, I love Crockpot recipes, because you get to throw ingredients in a pot and viola- it's done without having to stir or mix in just a few hours while you do other things :) And I especially love recipes that call for few ingredients. My very small kitchen does not allow for a pantry with a lot of ingredients. Since then I have upgraded to a large, self timing Crockpot! Yay!

So, if you know you are going to have a busy week filled with nights where you will be too tired to cook or your just plum lazy, like me on most day ;) this recipe is going to be great for you! And, what's better than a yummy, easy to make meal!?!






3 INGREDIENTS, CROCKPOT BBQ CHICKEN SANDWICH 
A For the Love of Dessert Original Recipe

INGREDIENTS

3 large chicken breasts
1 bottle (12 oz) of BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is recommended)
1/2 red onion, diced (optional)
6-8 Sandwich buns

DIRECTIONS

In a large Crockpot, layout chicken breasts. Completely cover with BBQ sauce and evenly sprinkle onions over chicken breasts. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. When finished cooking, use two forks and shred chicken breasts apart. Stir shredded chicken in sauce and allow to marinate for an additional 30 minutes to one hour. This will allow the chicken to soak up the BBQ sauce. Make sure the sauce is soaked up- as extra liquid can make the sandwich buns soggy. Serve on sandwich buns garnished with extra onions if desired.

Serve with a side of chips and a pickle. And maybe some lemonade ;)

Enjoy,
Chika

1 comment :

  1. I had no idea you were born and lived in Hawaii! We have a Bahama Bucks here, but I haven't tried it yet- definitely will soon

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink