.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


03 June 2013

Cake Batter Cupcakes



I love baking, cooking, and blogging. But since I have gotten back, I have been so tired. I expected jet lag, but I never knew it could be like this. Though, on Saturday Luke told me that for every one hour of time difference to where you travel, it takes a day to recover. What's worse, is that I have been baking and cooking, but just not posting :/ (and that's like my favorite part!). But by the time I am done baking and cooking, I am ready for a nap. The silver lining: a have tons of recipes to share with you all!


Well, I thought I would pick up where I left off: heading to Southeast Asia. Before we left, I bought some reading books and a large book of crossword puzzles.  I really love crossword puzzles. I also downloaded some games on my iPad. Since the flight was 22 hours long, I was a bit worried, since I get too antsy. Though we did have a stop over in Moscow- where we got to get out and stretch. Though, I have to say the Moscow airport was scary....the people were a bit harsh. I felt like I was part of a heard of cattle that was trying to be directed. Not a feeling I would want to relive.


The hubby and I booked Singapore Airlines. Trust me if you have the opportunity to fly this airline, I would. Singapore Airlines was fantastic. The food was delicious! And they feed you constantly! My favorite part, was before the flight began, they handed out MENUS! Are you serious?! I have gotten so used to not being provided any food or entertainment. Granted, this was an international flight, but in Asia, their domestic flights are really nice too (I'll share abut that later). Anywhoo- it was an awesome menu! There in-flight entertainment system is fantastic. They have all the latest music and movies. They have Hollywood movies as well as international movies. They also have television series. I watched the newest season of Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, as well as The Guardians, Silver Linings Playbook, I Give it a Year, and Now is Good (I loved that movie....so sweet :) The plane was not that full...so the hubby and I had a row to ourselves, which was nice, because the rest of the time, I got some much needed ZZZZZZZZZZZ's :)






I made these cupcakes in April for an end of semester party in one of my favorite classes. They are cake batter cupcakes! I love batter- cake, brownie or cookie dough (okay, that is "dough" but it is about the same). Plus cake batter anything- looks so cute! I love sprinkles. I mean can you really have too much sprinkles. Pretty much impossible! To top it off...hahah...the frosting (get it? top? frosting?) was a cream cheese cake batter frosting!? Say what?! Yes, you are correct! They are super easy to make- so go on and make them for your next get together!







CAKE BATTER CUPCAKES
Adapted from Your Cup of Cake

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 325F Degrees

FOR THE CUPCAKE
1 box yellow cake mix (I love Duncan Hines)
1/3 c. oil
3 eggs
1 c. of water
1 c. of sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. multi-colored sprinkles*

FOR THE FROSTING
4 tbsp. butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, cold
1/3 c. of yellow cake mix (dry)
4-6 c. of powdered sugar
Sprinkles for topping

*I recommend using the long sprinkles or shaped sprinkles rather then the beads, because the color runs easily. I learned that the hard way :/

DIRECTIONS

For the cupcakes:
Before you begin, sift cake mix to make sure there are no lumps and line a cupcake pan with liners. Then in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. Then add in sprinkles. Instead of using the mixer, use a spatula and fold in the sprinkles. Do not over mix. Also do not worry if the color on the sprinkles begin to bleed. That is normal. Folding the sprinkles in by hand will help with the color bleeding. Using an ice cream, fill each liner 2/3 of the way full. An ice cream scoop is the perfect amount. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to completely cool.

For the frosting:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Do not over mix, you want the stiffness of the cream cheese for your butter cream. Then add in cake mix and 3 c. of powdered sugar, slowly until well incorporated. Then add, 1 c. of powdered sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached. The frosting should be stiff enough to hold shape when piped. Garnish with sprinkles.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink