.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


16 April 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes



You probably know now that I am not a news person but I always take the time to address any tragedy to recognize the lives lost, the people hurt, and those who have lost loved ones. I feel saddened by those affected by the explosions at the Boston Marathon. My heart breaks for all those who have lost someone, especially for the 8 year-old little girl who was racing for the Sandy Hook Children. There is a special place for that little soul. I am thankful for wonderful people who have opened ran to help people, those who have opened up their home, as well as donated blood and money. Please keep those affected in your thoughts...

Last Sunday was Luke's birthday! Happy Birthday Luke! For his birthday Luke had a get together of his closest friends :) How sweet that he invited the hubby and I. He wanted to have shrimp boil. For those of you like me, you were probably wondering that a shrimp boil was. Well, let me tell you! It is the exact same thing as a crawfish boil, except using shrimp instead. So basically you boil shrimp, corn and potatoes in a Cajun seasoned broth. mmmmm. It was so yummy! Do not get me wrong I love crawfish but I really love shrimp! I literally ate so much that sitting up straight became quite difficult for me.

Well for his birthday, I asked Luke what flavor his most enjoyed in cake. He said that one of his favorites was the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Although I have made both a Reeses Pieces Cupcakes (which I plan to do a re-do of very soon) and a Reeses Peanut Butter Cupcake, I have never made a chocolate peanut butter cupcake, so I was in for the challenge. Plus, I though it might be version of the chocolate peanut butter cupcake I tried at Georgetown Cupcakes. ::It turned out delicious, but I ended up making it nothing like the Georgetown Cupcake. Guess, I'll just have to try that one another day ::darn::. :) Another day making cupcakes, just mean the future holds that much more awesomeness! Luke and Justin seemed to really enjoy them!






CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES 
Chocolate Cupcakes adapted from Recipe Girl 
Peanut Butter Frosting adapted from Fake Ginger

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 325F Degrees

FOR CUPCAKES
1 box of chocolate cake mix (devil's food or fudge)
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. granulated sugar
1 1/3 c. water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
1 c. sour cream
4 egg whites

FOR PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
3/4-1 c. peanut butter
1-2 c. powdered sugar 
milk  (up to 1/4 c.)
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla

DIRECTIONS

For the Cupcakes:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together cake mix, flour and sugar. Then add in water, vegetable oil, and vanilla extra, mixing ingredients until creamy. Add in sour cream, stirring until incorporated and finally adding in eggs, again mixing until incorporated. Line cupcake pan with liners. Using an ice cream scoop, fill liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

For the Frosting:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, peanut butter (if you want a light peanut butter taste add in 3/4 c. but if you want a strong peanut butter taste add in 1 c.), 1 c. of powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. of milk, honey and vanilla. Beat on medium speed and then medium-high speed for 5 minutes until creamy, light and fluffy. Gradually add remaining sugar and milk, 1/4 c. (sugar) and 1 tbsp. (milk) at a time--beating for 1 minutes after each addition. Continue adding in sugar and milk until desired consistency and sweetness in reached (i.e., you may not use all 2 c. of powdered sugar or 1/4 c. of milk. If you want more sweetness but need a softer consistency add more milk). The frosting should be stiff enough to hold shape once piped.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink