.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


12 January 2013

Gnocchi with Butter Beans and Spinach



The infamous Bucket List. Things to aspire to, want to do, to accomplish, see, or become all before- so to say- you "kick the bucket." Interesting really- if you think about it. I mean it is basically a Life To-Do-List. I can see why people have them--either written down or in their heads. It is nice knowing that throughout our life we attain little dreams we've had or have things we never dreamed of come true! I decided I wanted to make a bucket list. A list I will probably and will hopefully add to as life goes on.

This list is in no way complete-- and there are many things that I have already accomplished or done that I would have written on my bucket list-- had I not waited till I was so darn old ;) Like, going to college/graduate school, going to a concert, living on my own, getting married, owning a pet, living somewhere other than California, learning to become independent, starting my own blog! But here are some others:

1. Have children (happy, healty, cuties)
2. Visit the following places: Costa Rica, Peru, Fiij, France, Italy, Greece, Thailand, China, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, South Africa, Egypt (I'll just group these for now)
3. Get my Ph.D. (almost there....)
4. Buy a home
5. Learn to crochet 
6. Go on a cruise
7. Have a facial (yes, I have never had one- and though small, I really want to have one)
8. Learn to ride a bike (do not judge me :)...I just never learned
9. Run a marathon (even just a tiny little 2.5k one :)
10. Learn Sign Language
11. Open a bakery (Duh! Cannot believe I did not think of this right away)

That seems like a nice odd number to end with....for now ;) Have any ideas?! Please share! Alight, let's now enjoy a nice dish for those rainy, Texas days!






GNOCCHI WITH BUTTER BEANS AND SPINACH
Adapted from WebMD

INGREDIENTS

1 (16 oz) box of Gnocchi (I got Tri-Colored)
1 chicken breast, diced*
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. onions diced*
10 oz. Spinach
14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
16 oz. can of butter beans
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2. shredded cheese or Parmesan cheese

*The original recipe did not use chicken or onions. I added chicken, onions and just a touch of garlic for the hubby. But not necessary if you do not have it

DIRECTIONS

In a medium pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add Gnocchi and reduce to medium-high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes until Gnocchi begin to float. Drain excess water and set aside. It is very easy to overcook Gnocchi, so be careful not to overcook.

In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil, over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until tender and no longer pink in the middle- remove from skillet and set aside. Then, either in the same skillet (wiped down) or a new skillet- heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Once hot- add onions and cook until clear. Then add and saute spinach for 2-4 minutes. Next add in tomatoes and beans and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.

Combine veggies with with Gnocchi and chicken- incorporating all the ingredients well (I used a spatula and "folded" the ingredients together gently). Toss with a little salt and pepper for flavor (as much as you prefer). Top with either shredded or Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink