.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


24 December 2012

Turkey Dumplings



I would like to say that I have a pretty, darn wonderful husband. You might be telling yourself, "she just realized that now?" Well- no, I did not just realize that now-- but do you ever have those moments when someone does something big or small, but it makes you smile, sit back and realize just how lucky you are to have that person in your life? I had one of those moments with the hubby. So what made me smile this time- it was more a culmination of moments-- every time I make food for him, and whether or not I am at home, he always checks to make sure that I have taken pictures for my blog :) And that my friends, is an amazing husband for a food-blogger!

Do you have a Christmas Eve tradition? If so, please share. Now being married, and as I think of having children in the future, I like thinking of cute traditions I would like to start with my family. One tradition I would like to celebrate on Christmas with my children- is baking desserts in the kitchen all day (especially baking cookies for Santa).

On another note: Hi, I am addicted to Asian food. I realized I attempt to make Asian recipes a lot! But the truth is, I cannot get enough of noodles, crab rangoons, and sushi! By far my favorite foods...well that and raw oysters. Today, I decided to attempt to make dumplings. I have never tried them before and have never worked with wanton paper-- so I thought it would be fun. FYI. They turned out pretty good for my first time :) I thought they would be a hot mess- but they were simple and easy to make and quite delicious! But I mean who does not like dumplings?! Potstickers are like my best friend ;)

Looks like a Christmas Tree. These are before I steamed them.

A close-up of the dumplings before I steamed them. 




TURKEY DUMPLINGS
Adapted from Cafe Munchkin

INGREDIENTS

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. oyster sauce 
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. garlic 
1/4 c. green onions 
1/2 tsp. cooking wine (optional)
1/2 - 1c. finely, shredded lettuce 
40 pcs. on wonton wrappers (store bought) (circle or square)
small cup filled with water for sealing wonton wrappers 

*Cafe Munchkin has a nice step by step picture tutorial of sealing the wonton wrapper

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except wonton wrappers) together. I got messy, and used my hands to make sure everything was thoroughly mixed in with the ground turkey. 

Holding the wonton in a diamond shape in your hand, scoop one tablespoon of meat mixture into the middle of the wonton. Then dip your finger in the water and lightly outline the "top" triangle border of the wonton wrapper. Then fold the bottom triangle portion of the wonton paper up-and over the top portion. Pinch the border of the wonton to tightly seal the wonton. 

Sometimes when sealing one side, the meat will push out on the other-- if that happens just use your finger to push the meat back into the wonton, and slowly seal the other side. Repeat, until entire meat mixture is used. 

Then either using a steamer or a bamboo steam basket- steam the dumplings for 20 minutes. Make sure to steam well because you are working with raw meat. Also- the dumplings are supposed to become wrinkly. 

Enjoy,
Chika


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink