.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


13 December 2012

Thai Coconut Noodle Soup



You are probably thinking- ummm...where have you been for the past 17 days? Did you get married again ;) Well- you would be correct- it appears I have fallen off the planet for two and half weeks. BUT I have a very good explanation. So remember my Easy Sesame Noodle Post where I explained how the hubby was very sick with food poisoning and the flu? Well- now being weeks later- I am not sure if it was food poisoning but I am definitely sure it was the flu. A day before I was to head off for Columbus for the physicians training I caught the bug- I was SICK and it was only getting worse.

Let me tell you- driving 100 miles to the Houston Airport and then flying while you are sick with the flu, was one of the most awful experiences I have ever had. It is so painful to fly with sinus issues- but going to this training was so important to me. Nationwide Children's Hospital has a wonderful internship and post-doc opportunities and my advisor actually did her post-doc there- so I really wanted to see the place. Sadly, the next day when I was at the training- I was pretty much dying (no-not really) but I was so sore, nauseous, could barely here, stuffed up and just felt so disgusting that the best I could do was sit in a chair and then after the training fall asleep on one of the hospital couches while my advisor gave the rest of the lab a tour.

When I booked the flight- I booked it through the weekend- even though the training was just that day- so I could visit one of my closest cousins who lives there. I feel so bad for her- since I was sick- she had to take care of me the entire weekend! The first day I was with her- I could not even get out of her bed all day until the very evening when I managed to lug my body to the living room to watch TV with her and her roommate. She was so sweet- waiting on me hand and foot, getting me whatever I needed and making sure I was getting better :) I love her so much- that was a good cousin and an amazing person! Well- flying back- though slightly better- was also an awful experience.

After flying back- it still was no good- my flu turned into (or shall I say made me more susceptible) to bronchitis. Are you serious?! Yes, that is what I was thinking! I only actually started feeling better this Monday- where I could actually start eating and enjoying myself! I was out for two weeks! Hence- why I have not been blogging. So why this 1/2 week extra? Since I was so sick- I got very behind on everything- especially course work and my grading for my class I was teaching. I had to play some major catch up this weekend and this week. Now- I caught up on coursework, am catching up on clinic work, and my class just had their final yesterday and grades were submitted :) Well- of course the first thing I would like to do- because I feel better and have been working hard is come back to my blog :)

Okay- I know this was a long post but I just have one more thing to say. One of the other worst parts to getting sick? Do you remember how- because I drove 14 hours from Kansas City back home because the hubby was sick- that I rewarded myself by going to cupcakeries in Dallas? Well, I did not eat them in the car because I really like to concentrate on the flavors but also the hubby was nauseous, so I did not want to eat in front of him. Well- by the time we came back- the next day I was feeling nauseous and could not eat them :( It was TRAGIC- so the hubby, who apparently has a much more resilient immune system than I- go to eat them! Anyone see the irony- ohhhhh....husbands.....






THAI COCONUT NOODLE SOUP

INGREDIENTS 

8oz. Spaghetti Noodles
2 chicken breasts, diced 
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic (optional)
2 c. chicken broth
1 can of baby corn 
1 jar of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
1 can coconut milk
1 Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips  
1/4 c. soy sauce
Cilantro for garnish (I use the seasoning)

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions (usually about 7 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking and clumping- set aside. Then in a large wok, set to medium heat- add olive oil and garlic- saute until garlic is golden brown. Add chicken and cook until tender. Add half a jar of red curry paste, chicken broth and corn- bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and add in coconut milk, the remainder of the curry paste, and bell pepper- stir and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes. Finally, add soy sauce and stir well. 

In a bowl, place a small-medium amount of noodles. Ladle a large spoon or two full of soup and veggies over the noodles. Garnish with cilantro. 

This should be eaten the day made- this dish does not make a good left over dish as the coconut milk will solidify. 

Enjoy,
Chika 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink