.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


24 December 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread



This was just too funny not to share. I think I was summed up nicely in this e-card :) Hahaha...do not get me wrong. The hubby and I would LOVE to have kids someday. But for right now we have Ninja, our baby-- and I cannot lie- I think he is pretty darn awesome. I mean, isn't it obvious. I post about him way too often ;) I stumbled upon this e-card in my addicted scrolling through of Pinterest. 



The hubby and I moved into our first place together, a cute little two-bedroom apartment, back in September! And I still have not decorated it. Now that I have time to search for color palates and designs- I think I have settled on two that I like. I really like the coral and gold palate for the guest bedroom, because I am not sure how much the hubby would like coming home to a master bedroom that in "pink" (yes, coral, but to hubby pink :). For the master bedroom I was thinking of the grey and yellow color palate with antique designs. I am still debating about this because the master bath's color palate is the same- and I am not sure if that is too matchy matchy. Make sense? I really like the "hotel white"" look but let's be honest- with Ninja that is just not happening!

And although I have furniture for the living room- I am thinking of going with a light peacock theme since its become very sentimental for the hubby and I since the wedding. Just accents- like throw pillows and wall art. And just maybe, a decorative chair. We shall see. Also my kitchen is tiny-- so I might get some bookshelves to increase my storage. Any suggestions?! I would LOVE to hear them. 

Well- for Christmas Eve, I just had to make something in the spirit of the holidays and one of the desserts that come to mind are sweet breads. And for me I thought of banana bread. :) 






CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA 
Adapted from Cookies & Cups

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven 350F Degrees

4 very ripe bananas, cut into pieces
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. melted butter
1 egg
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sat
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine bananas, peanut butter, butter, egg, and sugars. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine with wet ingredients. There will be chunks-- do not over mix-- until just incorporate. Then add chocolate and peanut butter chips. Again, do not over stir.

Grease bread loaf pan (8x4) with shortening. Spread batter evening in pan and bake for 1 hour or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Note: After an hour, the toothpick did not come out clean, but do not bake for additional time. Instead, let it sit in the hot loaf pan-- and it will continue cooking. Otherwise, you will overcook and burn the edges of the loaf. 

Enjoy,
Chika 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink