.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


12 November 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins



I must begin with the warning- that I have been having a bad day. Actually- this has just been the fourth day in a series of bad days. I think as a clincal psychologist in training, I would like to think that I take the time to have insight into myself and my feelings but also to know how to cope with difficult times and work on negative cognitions but the truth is- even for the person who is used listening to others-- personally handling continous stressful and hurtful situations can just be overwhelming. I think I have hit that "wall." And so I will vent my feelings on this blog and I hope you all can bare with me :)

Do you ever want to tell someone that you know you should not to just buzz of, that what they did was totally crappy and although they would like to blow you off because yes, I am a bit picky, that it was still shall I say nicely, shitty! That have a little bit of consideration and respect would be nice and that saying "opps" or completely disregarding emails actually does not fix or sweep anything under the rug. And with that tangent can I say- do not respond to emails and when you get one that you do not want to respond to just not respond and then respond to others later- actually that is LAME!

And frankly, I know I am a graduate student- but my thoughts are worthwhile and in fact may have something to contribute AND in fact may be correct. And what I have wanted to say all day, in a series of sucky days is SHOVE IT! - ahhh....thank you....that felt good.....

Oh, one more- I am a student and I also teach- and I love it and I put so much of myself and my heart in it. I am passionate about it and I want students to be too-- but let me say, just because someone teaches and may not be considered a student does not mean that they do not have feelings-- they do-- FYI...okay...really done..on to some muffins....whic the hubby is really enjoying as his breakfast for this week (I guessed that he would get sick of cereal :)





PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 375F degrees

1 stick of butter (softened)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsbp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment- cream butter and sugar for about 5 minutes. Then add peanut butter and cream together for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, followed by milk and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just incorporated. Finally add chocolate chips. Scoop muffin mixture into cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink