.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


24 November 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies



What did Black Friday bring for the Hubby and I in Kansas City? Well it was a pretty fun day. We started off with Brunch at a place called Eggtc (get it...etc...cute). My sister and I split a salmon eggs benedict (our favorite), with biscuits covered in Chorizo gravy and then we all shared a Banatella It is a French toast filled with Nutella and Bananas. It was some major yumminess. Omg!


After Brunch, we visited a cupcakery: Cupcake A La Mode so that I may have cupcakery reviews from Kansas City. But to read about Cupcake A La Mode- you will have to go to Cupcakery Reviews. 

Then we went to Three Dogs Bakery. Too Freakin Cute! It was a fancy bakery but makes exclusively dog treats but I promise- if you did not know where I got them from- you would eat them, they look so good. They have locations in Texas but they were too far from me :( We came home and I attempted to take pictures with Ninja but man-that was a fail. BUT I did get this adorable picture of Ninja, which though blurry I think captured his excitement quite well. 



In the evening we went to Batman Live in the Power and Light District (a really pretty area). The show was really cute. It was like a child's version of Cirque du Soleil but Batman style. It was really nice seeing all the kids dressed up in Batman gear and getting so excited! 


We finished the night off at a sushi place called the Drunken Fish. Now, something that I have learned that is pretty cool- that we do not have in Houston/College Station or in Los Angeles- is this idea of reverse Happy Hour. They have a happy hour menu from 10 pm- closing. So, that is when we went to Drunken Fish. It was good- I got to try two new rolls  (Big Easy and Butterfly) and one old roll with a twist (they do Shrimp Tempura roll with Asparagus) along with a spicy salmon roll. Now what was amazing was the dessert we chose. We got a Tempura Fried Cheesecake topped with whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate sauce (and it came looking like sushi roll)- it not only looked neat but was delicious!


I did not get to go shopping yesterday because my sister and I just did not have any time. But we are planning to head out right after this post. Anywhoo- on to food. Well, I think I have said this before but my favorite recipe I have made thus far is Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie. I ate the whole batch by myself and then the minute I finished, I was instantly craving some more and needed to use some serious will power to refrain myself. Well- and I was attempting to have will power I though- hmmm... I wonder if this cookie would taste even better if it was double chocolate?! Since I was getting ready to see my sister- I thought why not try the idea. So I did- and it was just as good. I think neither are better than the other- and both make me drool and top my favorite dessert list :) So let the cookie sharing begin (this is the last cookie recipe for now...)


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PUDDING COOKIES
Adapted from Sweet Peas Kitchen

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees 

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 box (3.4 oz) chocolate pudding
1 1/2 stick of butter, softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. honey
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter chips
1 c. Reeses Pieces

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate pudding- set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together (on medium speed) butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Then add eggs-- one at a time--, vanilla and honey. Scrape down sides. Reduce to low speed and add flour mixtures. Combine until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and Reeses Pieces.

Line two cookie sheets with either aluminum foil, parchment, or wax paper- and scoop 1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls onto sheet (I used a cookie dough scoop and then rolled between my palms for a nice round shape). Space cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes . Let cook for about 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy,
Chika



3 comments :

  1. Is the pudding instant or the kind you have to cook. Hoping to make these luscious looking cookies for a charity event this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you-- I dropped off the face of this blog ;)

      The pudding is "instant"-- in that you by the dry 3.4-3.56oz pudding boxes. Hope that helps! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the cookies! Let me know if you have any questions! I promise to answer ASAP!

      Oh and hope the fundraiser goes GREAT!

      Delete
    2. Also-- the non-double chocolate version of this cookie is also amazing: http://fortheloveofdessert.blogspot.com/2012/10/chocolate-peanut-butter-pudding-cookies.html

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink