.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


23 September 2012

Mashed Potato Cakes



Last post for the day but hopefully not the last for the month :) Well along with the two desserts, I wanted to bring a side. Really anything I could bake and cook because I finally had people to eat them! As you all know, I am a HUGE Pinterester and as I did my many daily scroll throughs- I saw this recipe for Mashed Potato Cakes. They looked absolutely delicious and what you all may not know about me is that I LOVE mashed potatoes. And they were topped with sour cream, another food/condiment that I love. And I knew that I just had to make these.

I promise to resume my baking facts- when I post again, but until then- Ill replace it with a Ninja story :) Sadly, its not a fun one. Last night after the BBQ the hubby and I came home and to our delight, Ninja was well behaved. See my furry love of my life, has a passion for ripping up throw pillows. Well, last night, he decided to be good. Well whenever he is good- I like to reward him with a treat but when I went to give him his treat- he did not want to eat it! This is rare for Ninja to turn down treats, in fact, the only reason he does not take a treat is because he is sick, and that was exactly how he was feeling :( Ninja had a stomach ache! The hubby and I had a not so fun night of sleep and in the early morning, Beau had to sleep in the other bedroom becuase Ninja finally joined us in the room again (when he is sick, he likes to sleep on his own) and when Ninja joined us, he decided to finally rest where Beau usually sleeps and being the wonderful hubby that I married- Beau did not want to wake up Ninja and so slept in the other room. Isn't that the sweetest!? Finally, Ninja slept! And now I am happy to report- he is feeling better! I have a feeling his tummy ache was as a resutl of his naughty behavior yesterday- ie. he sneakily grabbed a paper towel that I had wiped my hands on while I was baking and decided to chew on it. Naughty, naughty Ninja...






MASHED POTATO CAKES

INGREDIENTS

1 package of instant mashed potatoes (I got garlic, butter flavored) (+ ingredients)
2/3 c. shredded cheese
1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. diced green onions
1 egg

Bacon bits
Diced green onions

DIRECTIONS

First, make instant mashed potatoes. Next combine, mashed potatoes, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, onions and egg. Scoop out a portion of mixture and hsepe into patties. Again, I made smaller patties because I wanted these to be appitizer size. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and set on stove over medium/high heat. Cook patties 1-2 minutes on each sie. Let cool slightly. Then add a dallop of sour cream on top of each patti and garnish wtih bacon bits and green onions.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink