.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


03 September 2012

Avocado Gazpacho



Happy Labor Day Everyone! Although it was a day off, I was a catch up day for me. For dinner, I needed a recipe that was quick to make and I had some left over avocados, so it also needed to have avocados in it. What was the result? Well googled "quick, easy, avocado recipes"- the result was avocado gazpacho. Hmmm...it sounded interesting and looked intersting...I guess the hubster will be having gazpacho for dinner tonight :)

Intesting fact for today: gazpacho. I know for me, I had heard of it but I was not quite sure what it was. Gazpacho is traditionally a tomato-based, vegetable soup that is traditionally served cold and is largely part of the Spanish Cuisine. Since it is served, cold, it is most oftened consumed during the summer months because it is said to be refreshing. Although, traditionally made with a tomato based, modern takes on gazpacho have used varying bases- in my case- avocado. Bottom line: if you feel like soup but its hot outside, make some gazpacho.

I made this in just a few minutes, using my food processor (yes- the hubster and I were gifted an amazing, Cuisinart Food Processor). And best of all, the hubster had a spoonful and really enjoyed it! Yes, score one for the recipe keepers :) Though the hubster says everything I make is good- he has very obvious tells in his face- this tell- he enjoyed the gazpacho. And lucky for him- today is a hot, hot day in Texas but thankfully after taking Ninja to the dog park- he has a nice bowl, of cold, gazpacho!

Quick note: my gazpacho was more on the split-pea color instead of the vibrant green avocado color. The reason- instead of using green bell peppers to maintain the integrity of the green, I utilized red and orance bell peppers. Thus modifying the green color just a bit.






AVOCADO GAZPACHO
Adapted from Haas Avocados

INGREDIENTS

1 tbsp. olive oil
4 ripe, avocados
2 large bell peppers
1 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1/2 large cucumber
2 tbsp. lemon juice

GARNISH
Bacon
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Cayenne Pepper
Garlic
Diced tomato
Tortilla strips (or croutons)

DIRECTIONS

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Cook bacon and cut into thin strips. As for the other garnishes- I did not put specific amounts because I think this depends on the person. I put a large amount of salt, garlic and cayenne pepper because I like a kick and some spice to my soup. I used the tomotao, tortilla strips and bacon as decorative garnish. Lastly, I sprinkled pepper and oregano. Chill in refridgerator. Yes, its that simple!

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink