.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


28 July 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake



First, I want to say that I have reached my goal of six posts in one month- its a good feeling. Second Happy Weekend! And wonderful weather weekends bring fun things- although wonderful weather in Texas just means kinda hot ;) Occassionally my dog park friends and I get together for good eats. The last time I had made Reese's Peanut Butter Cucpakes when we got together, well today brought on another occasion to make a tasty treat. It's always really nice getting together. Its a bonus, when you get to have a get together- in this case a delicious BBQ- and NOT talk about school and work :)

I was wondering what I would make, and then a friend had posted on our Facebook page (yes, we have a dogpark Facebook page, and its as awesome as you would think it is :)...dont be jealous) a recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake and suggested that I make it. I thought why not?! I mean I've never made cheesecake before, so this would be a good chance. I always really love opportunities to make types of desserts that I never have before. And on this thinking of things I've never made- I realized I've never made brownies, so I really need to get on that, quick. Oddly this is third Reese's recipe I've made. Which, again, is weird becuase its not one of my favorite chocolates. But, hey, I do not really eat what I bake- so as long as other people enjoy it, Im happy. And from what I saw, people seemed to really like it.

Unlike what I thought- this was a really smooth recipe to make. Really little mess and no unexpected "Uh-Ohs" that popped up. The hubster really enjoyed it, but told me that it taste better when I used minimal peanut butter on the top of the cheesecake to hold half of the mini-Reese's Peanut butter Cups that I placed on top of the cheesecake. This was a surprise, because I thought the hubster did not like cheesecake, but I guess each day in marriage you will learn one new thing ;) I have a feeling Im going to love being married, and the hubster says Im going to enjoy making  him fat! :D

Thank you Angie for supplying the minature Reese's Peanut Butter
Cups
Forgive the condensation. These went from the refridgerator into the Texas
heat.


Lattace work on top


Minature Reese's Center

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE 
Adapted from Mom on Time Out

INGREDIENTS

Preheat oven to 350F degrees

CRUST
1c. Graham Cracker Crumbs
6 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp sugar(melted)

CHEESECAKE
18 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
16 oz (2 8 oz packages) of cream cheese
1 c sugar
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract

TOPPING
Chocolate Candy Melts
Peanut Butter
9 minature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

DIRECTIONS

Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix in melted butter. Place 18 cupcake liners in muffin pan. Divide graham cracker crust evenly among 18 cups. I used a spice bottle to push the crumbs down evenly. Place one minature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the middle of the crust. For the cheesecake, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in flour and vanilla extract. Then add in eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix well. Once blended, I used an ice cream scoop to place a spoonful of cheesecake mixture into the cupcake liners, making sure to cover the minature Reese's Peanut Butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes. My cheesecakes took right around 22 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Then melt candy melts and use either thin frosting tip or squeeze bottle to make criss cross patterns on the top. Finally place a dallop of peanut butter on top of cheese cake and garnish with half a minature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (which I cut in half before I began making the cheesecake).

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink