.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


11 February 2012

Cake Batter Bars



So this was one of the first recipes I made on my path of starting to bake again and try new things. Its semi-homemade, which I love! And its pretty simple to make and quick! Besides, who doesn't love cake batter! I mean when I saw this, the name got me excited. I took this to school as well, and just like the red velvet cookies, they went pretty fast.
I do have to say this is definitely a recipe that is for those that do not like something super sweet. If you do, you may not like this, unless you top it with icing (which I thought of trying but did not). Also if you are a big chocolate fan, your craving will not be fulfilled. 

There are two pictures, because I made them two ways (1) more gooey and fluffy and (2) more thin and less gooey. My fiance liked the more gooey but I chose the less gooey to take to school so people would not have to worry if they are cooked (either one was cooked though).
Gooey and Thick Cake Batter Bars
Less Gooey and Thin Cake Batter Bars
CAKE BATTER BARS
Adapted from Lovin the Oven

INGREDIENTS

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Grease an 9x13 pan (I use the wrapping the butter came in)
1 1/4 c. funfetti cake mix
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup butter or 1 1/4 sticks (softened)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp of sprinkles
DIRECTIONS

Mix egg, egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Then mix cake mix, all purpose flour, and baking soda separately (again, I use a sifter to make sure there are no lumps). Gradually mix in dry ingredients until well blended. Add sprinkles. Spread batter evenly in greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned but middle is a bit jiggly (stick a tooth pick inside and some "batter" should come out on the tooth pick still). Again, if you want it more gooey-- cook it less, if you want it more cooked-- cook it for longer. Cool completely and then cut!

Enjoy,
Chika


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink